After the summer break, the school reopens its doors and it is therefore necessary to resume good eating habits. A correct and balanced diet is in fact essential for those who study and have to deal with the “back to school” , the resumption of school commitments that will intensify over the next few weeks.
What are the most common back-to-school mistakes regarding nutrition?
- Excessive daily caloric intake compared to the needs of the organism;
- absent or insufficient breakfast ;
- incorrect distribution of meals during the day;
- consumo de inadequate snacks , of little nutritional value but too high in energy;
- habito de eating meals in front of the TV , which distracts attention from the food being consumed at that moment.
Our diet tips for going back to school after the summer holidays with momentum!
Las reglas son muy simples:
- the diet should be qualitatively varied cuanto más se pueda;
- we must not exceed with the introduction of fats, especially those of animal origin and simple sugars. These substances, ingested in excess, decrease the efficiency of nerve cells, worsening learning and mnemonic abilities. Extra virgin olive oil, corn, sunflower and grape seed oil are indicated as seasoning fats, in moderate quantities and, preferably, raw on food;
- breakfast should not be abolished! On the contrary, it is good to consume it regularly and make it rich and varied; it is essential for students of all ages, since after an overnight fast it prevents the body from activating emergency metabolic mechanisms with a consequent drop in concentration and attention during the morning. The ideal breakfast should include milk or yoghurt, cereals or cereal derivatives even in wholemeal form and fresh fruit, possibly also pureed or centrifuged or squeezed;
- always following the criterion of a balanced diet, for lunch and dinner it is possible to include a dry first course seasoned with a light sauce or broth, a portion of a second course cooked in a “healthy” way (baked, steamed, to taste as long as it is low in fat dressing and avoiding fried foods) or legumes, seasonal vegetables and an adequate ration of bread. Alternatively, it may also be useful to consume a single dish, possibly followed by a portion of seasonal vegetables;
- the mid-morning snack should be nutritious and light , so as not to compromise the appetite for lunch. The consumption of foods such as focaccia, chips, soft drinks and ready-made tea particularly rich in fats and / or sugars or salt must be avoided;
- take daily fruit and vegetables, preferably in season and varying their colors during the week , in order to provide the body with vitamins, mineral salts, antioxidants. These foods can also be eaten as a mid-morning and / or mid-afternoon snack;
- guarantee the body a good water supply, with the intake of water, but also of juices, fruit and / or vegetable centrifuged or infusions or herbal teas;
- remember that maintaining mental efficiency during the day also requires adequate physical activity , such as a walk, to “regenerate” the mind and body;
- rest a sufficient number of hours to “recharge the batteries”. Night sleep is very important : if you don’t get enough rest, even your study suffers.
Para saber más haga clic aquí .
¿Te ha gustado este artículo? Compártelo con tus amigos!